1.06.2009

Faith

In 1987, George Michael sang "I've got to have faith faith faith."

Faith in what?

I was in a group discussion one time and a professor was ripping the idea of faith. A girl raised her hand and said "I have faith." The professor then asked the strangest question, "Faith in what?"

I realized I was assuming that everybody shared my faith and that my spiritual tradition had some sort of monopoly on the word. My fellow student's response further expanded my perspective. "I don't have faith in anything; I just have faith."

Do you believe in faith? Do you have faith? Faith in what, or whom?

1 comment:

watchman146 said...

I am just glad "Faith" is something more than an awful pop song. Also, I have no faith in the hideous beard that George Michael wears in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSvHpvHFXU0

unTapped

In order to live man must believe in that for which he lives.
- Huston Smith
unTapped is a conversation about faith and spirituality. There are many people frustrated by being forced to think of faith in the same old patterns, and would prefer to explore spirituality in different ways.

Anything goes here. No matter where you are or who you are, we want to hear from you. Feel free to join in the conversation!

You can also join us in person, every Thursday night at Short's Brewing Company in Downtown Bellaire, MI.
_____________________________________